Bill 23 is being pushed through at record speed and will cause severe harm to our wetlands, watersheds, forests, wildlife (including many species at risk), and our communities. For these reasons and many others, action must be taken against this bill, and pressure must be put on the government at multiple levels to rescind Bill 23.
Here are some things you can do.
- Attend this virtual Town Hall by @opirgptbo on Dec 7th from 6:30-8:30 to learn, discuss, and leave messages for politicians.
- Dec 4th is the last day to leave comments at the Environmental Registry of Ontario concerning ammendments to the greenbelt plant
- Call your MPP using this tool from Environmental Defense.
- Sign this petition from Environmental Defense.
- Sign this petition from Lead Now.
- Sign this petition from Ontario Nature.
- Sign this petition from the Ontario Headwaters Institute
- Sign this petition from the David Suzuki Foundation.
Just in Time for Christmas
There are countless things you can do to decrease your environmental impact at Christmas, which ultimately decreases your carbon emissions. Click on any of the links below to learn more.
- Sustainability Tips for the Holidays
- Easy Eco Tips (@easyecotips)
- Top Tips for a Sustainable Christmas
- 18 Ways to an Eco-friendly Christmas
- Shop Local (Peterborough)
Please join us from 7:00 – 8:00 pm on the second (or first) Monday of each month for our online “4RG Meets”. Each month features a short presentation by a local expert on a topic related to the climate crisis, followed by an open discussion and question period. To REGISTER for the next 4RG Meets, click HERE or email 4RGmeets@gmail.com.
To view a recorded 4RG Meet click HERE.