Here is a link to the slides used in the presentation. You can make your own copy and then adapt them as you like.
Emails – Tell your politicians why a just recovery is needed after and while recovery from the covid-19 pandemic. We cannot go back to normal. Remind them of their role as representatives and the need to go forward not back to normal.
- Maryam – Maryam.Monsef@parl.gc.ca
- Councillors – climate emergency was declared in our city so our council needs to remember that in making decisions now and and post-covid https://www.peterborough.ca/en/city-hall/mayor-and-council.aspx
- Template to send to Recovery task force (Trudeau, Mckenna, Wilkinson and Guilbeault) and the 350 website with more information – https://350.org/jr-teachins/#letter
- Dave Smith – suspension of environmental bill of rights is no way forward https://www.davesmithptbo.com/contact
- Peterborough Youth Empowerment, email PYE with any questions, ideas or anything else you would like to discuss firstname.lastname@example.org
Links – there are countless resources available to further educate ourselves and take action, here are just a few:
- Video on a Just Recovery and the three phases – share to friends and family or online https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=qZgd2o1Ca1o&feature=emb_title
- World Bank Economic Recovery Intervention proposals – http://pubdocs.worldbank.org/en/223671586803837686/Sustainability-Checklist-for-Assessing-Economic-Recovery-Investments-April-2020.pdf
- Climate Justice and White Supremacy https://medium.com/sunrisemvmt/the-climate-justice-movement-must-oppose-white-supremacy-everywhere-by-supporting-m4bl-4e338cf91b19
- Race Relations Peterborough https://racerelationspeterborough.org