Welcome to For Our Grandchildren
For Our Grandchildren’s mission is to engage and mobilize our community to take effective action to combat climate change. In relentless pursuit of this mission, we will advocate/enlist support from our local governments and collaborate effectively with like-minded community organizations.
Pardon us for a few days while we work on restructuring our web site.
Recent Peterborough Posts
- Launch of To All Our Relatives Web SiteJanuary 20, 2020On Saturday, Elders Dorothy Taylor and Shirley Williams braved a snowstorm to celebrate with For Our Grandchildren and The Sacred Water Circle as we launched our new web site “Kina Gdi-Gwendaagininaanig – To All Our Relatives“. Dorothy explained why connection to All Our Relatives [Read More...]
- 2020 PYE School Board Emergency ForumJanuary 16, 2020On Monday, January 13, Peterborough high-school students organized a public workshop to ask the school boards to declare a Climate Emergency and introduce more climate-change science into the curriculum. Sixty people were in attendance at the Knights of Columbus Hall on Frank St., including [Read More...]
- 4RG Peterborough Climate ActionsNovember 6, 2019We were assessing actions taken so far in 4RG in 2019, mostly in collaboration with other groups in Peterborough. It’s quite a list, and the year is not over yet. January: Climate Change mitigation proposal to City Council. Result motion to include Climate Change in all decisions, and create [Read More...]
- John O’Brien’s Personal VideoNovember 4, 2019John O’Brien, from Peterborough county, recently created a personal video “It’s Up To Us”. Here’s how he explains why. My wife and I attended the Climate Strike at Queen’s Park, Toronto, in May of this year. As concerned Canadians, worried about the future we’re [Read More...]
- Walk to Waken the Nation About Climate CrisisOctober 7, 2019A smashed-up knee; stolen belongings; a dog attack; a run-in with a tractor trailer ; pain from fibromyalgia; threats from coyotes and wolves; a confrontation at an election campaign office; heat, cold, rain, gigantic gusts of wind; 3,300 kilometres and five months — nothing has stopped Ann [Read More...]